Re: Pasting text in plain bash window

Hi!

Monday, 22 July, 2002 you wrote:

>> --- Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle@yahoo.fr> a écrit : > Hehe... gotcha
>>> I found it with yahoo (site has changed his http namespace):
>>> http://ns.logos-m.ru/~deo/ttyfier.html
>> doesn't work for me... it's said it isn't supported on Win95,98 (ME
>> isn't here ?)

ME is not supported either.

>> when run it says:
>> error allocating memory in remote process.error starting remote thread
>> and I cannot recompile it:
>> ttyfier.o(.eh_frame+0x11):ttyfier.cc: undefined reference to
>> `__gxx_personality_v0'
>> mingw_misc.o(.eh_frame+0x11):misc.cc: undefined reference to
>> `__gxx_personality_v0'

Sylvain, which version of gcc are you using?

AD> Doesn't work for me either on XP. There are a lot of complaints like:

AD> "/etc/termcap", line 150, terminal 'ansi.sysk': exit_alt_charset_mode
AD> but no acs_chars
AD> "/etc/termcap", line 156, terminal 'nansi.sys': enter_alt_charset_mode
AD> but no acs_chars

AD> Then the program runs but no input can be given nor any output. Hitting
AD> control-C causes tfy to consume all the CPU.

binary version of ttyfier is linked statically with ncurses library
which expects terminfo database in /usr/local/share/terminfo

With normal cygwin install terminfo database is located in
/usr/share/terminfo

As a workaround, you can create a symlink like this:

mkdir /usr/local/share
ln -s /usr/share/terminfo /usr/local/share/terminfo

The proper way, though, is to recompile and relink everything against
current versions of cygwin libraries.

egor.            mailto:deo@logos-m.ru ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19