RE: Problem with cron and cygdrive-prefix

> > >                 ^^^^
> > > 		that's your problem.  cron is running under SYSTEM
> > > 		account and can't see user mount points.
> > >

> > I've unmounted the remounted, but got a warning. Does this mean, it will not
> > work ?
>
> Have you tried it? Did it work? In your particular situation I suspect
> that it will.

Yes it mounts /g in system mode and it works.

> > Administrator@DBSERVER1 ~
> > $ umount /g
>
> Actually the noumount means that you can't umount it, in this case because
> cygdrive causes this mount point.
>
> > Administrator@DBSERVER1 ~
> > $ mount -s -b g: /g
> > mount: warning: system mount point of '/g' will always be masked by
> user mount.

This is exactly what I've done and it works, but unfortunally the path settings
for the cron job wasn't set and that seems caused by the user cygdrive prefix
settings.

> Actually, for me system cygdrive prefixes don't seem to work at all if
> there is a user cygdrive prefix:
>
> Michael Hoffman@BARBECUEWORLD /
> $ ls /
> bin/       cygwin.bat*  etc/   lib/     opt/   tmp/  var/
> cygdrive/  cygwin.ico   home/  moocow/  sbin/  usr/
>
> Michael Hoffman@BARBECUEWORLD /
> $ mount --show-cygdrive-prefix
> Prefix              Type         Flags
> /cygdrive           user         binmode
> /moocow             system       binmode
>
> Michael Hoffman@BARBECUEWORLD /
> $ builtin cd /cygdrive/c # for me cd is an alias to pushd so this restores
> # the default behavior
>
> Michael Hoffman@BARBECUEWORLD /cygdrive/c
> $ builtin cd /moocow/c
> bash: cd: /moocow/c: No such file or directory
>
> This seems to be indicated by the source
> [path.cc:mount_info::read_cygdrive_info_from_registry()]. Cygdrive is
> only read once. Deleting the user cygdrive prefix (umount -u
> --remove-cygdrive-prefix) and starting a new rxvt session seems to do
> the job.
>
> So Ralf, my suggestion to you would be to change your system prefix
> and if it doesn't work to make a cron job to remove the user prefix
> for the user cron runs as.
> --
On monday I will inspect this more.

Thanks for any hints.