Re: Mysterious gdb behavior.

On 2 Aug 2002 at 21:43, Robert Collins wrote:

> > It's not incorrect. Unless you think it's coincidence that the
> > Documents and Settings subdirectory's name happens to be the same as
> > my username.
>
> It is a coincidence.

Bull.

> Is it the default behaviour? Yes.

Ergo, it's not a coincidence.

> Is it the only behaviuor? No. There is a registry key that determines
> where the profile directory is, and what it's called, and that key can
> be changed at any point.

It just gets worse doesn't it? The last time I made an ill-advised
manual registry tweak it took days to restore the system to a known
good state. I'm not risking that again. Anyway, It Should Not Be
Necessary to Fuck With The Registry To Make Cygwin Work As Designed.