Re: debugging /usr/bin/info reading compressed files

Joshua,

Gzip / gunzip doesn't handle BZip2-compressed files.

I can think of two alternatives for gixing "info:" Make "info" sensitive to the variant compression scheme based on file name suffixes or introduce a separate decompression program (script or binary) to handle the variant compression formats and have "info" invoke that intermediary instead of directly invoking a single-format decompression utility.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA