Cygwin and accessible DLLs

Hi all,

I'm trying to port a unix tool :
- a socket listener using  shared memory, fork and ...
- a shared library which give a client access to the listener.

I've ported it with cygwin on a windows XP plateform, it works fine under
bash.

Now i needs to build a relocatable DLL.
This DLL needs to be accessible by others windows tools (VB(snif),
Microfocus cobol Net Express,...)

I've tried with the gcc -shared option but it don't work.

Any ideas about stdcall, global data,...and wrigth way.
Thanks.

Fly.