Re: Cannot write but not read from serial

I tried variations on clocal, crtscts and cread parameters and got the same
results as you.

"Juergen Schwarz" <j.schwarz@gppag.de> wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have a big and urgent problem with Cygwin (or my Unix knowledge):

I try to read and write data to&from the serial interface (COM1). Writing
works perfect with:

ls > COM1

But when trying to read with:

cat < COM1

nothing happens. I have set the correct baudrate with stty and don't know
what to try more.... I've also tied to play with other parameters like
-icanon, etc.

My setup is:

- Windows 98
- Cygwin 1.3.10

The cable is ok, it works with windows terminal programs.

Any ideas? I'm close to giving up...

* Jürgen Schwarz, GPP AG                               *
* Kolpingring 18a D-82041 Oberhaching                  *
* Phone: +49-89-61304-262 Net:  www.gppag.de           *
* FAX: +49-89-61304-353   Mail: J.Schwarz@gppag.de     *