Re: cygwin and long filenames with spaces

In an earlier post, Christopher Faylor said...

> You're doing it from bash.  I assumed that the person was having
> problems from the command shell since they said "MS-Windows".  But,
> on reflection, there is no guarantee that's the case here.  Not enough
> info.

I think I said 'bash' in the OP.

> When there is a UNIX shell involved the quoting rules follow whatever
> the UNIX shell uses (as you know).  When there is no UNIX shell involved
> then cygwin itself tries to do something halfway intelligent with the
> arguments.
>
> Anyway, with luck, one of our responses should have answered the
> question.

Ha! (Sorry!)
Well, 'ls "/cygdrive/c/Program Files" ' works but 'cd
"/cygdrive/c/Program Files" '  doesn't! The message comes back:
bash: cd: /cygdrive/c/Program: No such file or directory

C.