Re: Strange mount issue in sshd

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 rudy@viper.iasi.rdsnet.ro wrote:

> The annoying problem is that while logging to my machine using ssh, I get
> the prompt, but the mounts that I defined are not mounted anymore. I can
> guess that the rule is "only system mounts + /cygdrive/x are supported
> within sshd". Here is the situation:

Sort of worked this one out: the problem was that there were 2 lists of
mount in registry:
- one "system" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...
- and one "user defined" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\... (ofc, also in
HKEY_USERS...)

The solution was to delete all my mounts (either by umount either by
deleting apropriate registry keys) and remounting with --system.

So my little problem is gone. But: wouldn't be more appropriate (don't
know how much developement work would this imply) that cygwin.dll would
update the mount table after login.exe is called? This way, the mounts
that are defined by a user would be available via sshd logins.

Best regards,
rudy