Re: Multiple users in fetchmail

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 11:19:49AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Unfortunately, I also have to teach fetchmail that a UID of 18 is
> equivalent to 0 (i.e., root) under Cygwin.  Without this "ctl->uid"
> above is always 18 and *not* the user's real UID.  It will take me
> some time to track this down...  And I hope that the fetchmail
> maintainer will accept such a patch...

Actually, I needed to teach procmail that 18 is the root UID not
fetchmail.  As it turned out, procmail already had the following:

    #define ROOT_uid    0

so the change was trivial:

    #ifdef __CYGWIN__
    #define ROOT_uid    18
    #else /* !__CYGWIN__ */
    #define ROOT_uid    0
    #endif /* __CYGWIN__ */

Nevertheless, I will submit a patch to the fetchmail maintainer to treat
a UID of 18 as the root UID under Cygwin.  In this way, Cygwin fetchmail
running under the LocalSystem account will behave identical to fetchmail
running under root on other Unixes.

Jason