RE: Cygwin takes *forever* to run gcc's configure!

Dan,

Are you using win2K?  if so start the task manager and switch to
processes:

If you are using Norton Antivirus you will find a process NOPDB.EXE
which has something to with Norton.  Check the process time of all the
running processes and you may find the culprit.  In my case it has
always been the NOPDB.  Which, by the way you CANNOT kill directly. :(
Right click the process and say debug.  You can then stop the process
and low and behold cygwin will start moving again.  This seems to appear
more on the non-Intel processors, I have no idea why

Regards,
Jimm Burk
jburk@peerless.com
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer