Odd permissions problem

This one has me stumped. Occasionally I get "permission denied" type problems when rsh'ing to a machine and creating or updating a file I would think I should be able to create or update. I don't understand why this happens. So I was playing around trying to categorize it:

$ pwd
/home/adefaria
$ touch foo
$ ls -l foo
-rw-rw-r-- 1 adefaria Domain U 0 Aug 19 10:47 foo
$ rm foo

OK, I can touch and create files. Note /home/defaria is actually on a server (i.e. I've mounted //<server>/<share> to /home). However if I try to do this through rsh

$ rsh $(hostname) touch foo
touch: creating `foo': Permission denied

it fails. Now I am myself:

$ rsh $(hostname) "id && touch file"
uid=1370(adefaria) gid=513(Domain Users) groups=0(Everyone),512(Domain Admins),513(Domain Users),1170(Everybody),1382(ITSupport),1354(Operations),1331(Software)
touch: creating `foo': Permission denied

Why is this?

Looking over at the Windows security stuff I find 6 entries listed for my home directory: Administrators (Full Control), adefaria (Full Control), Domain Admins (Full Control), Domain Users (Modify), Everybody (Read & Execute) and SYSTEM (Full Control).

If I add write permission to Everybody then this starts working. But why should I need to let Everybody write in my home directory in order to create files through rsh as me, especially when my own user, who I am when I rsh, has Full Control.