[packaging bug] Grep-2.5-1 on cygwin does not match $ on CRLF files, binmode

[2nd try]
Hi,

I'm having problems  getting the prepackaged grep to match CRLF line
endings.
My setup is :

CYGWIN=ntsec tty binmode title glob
disk mounts in binmode
w2k
grep 2.5-1

grep is run by configure on the output of the VC compiler, which includes
CRLF lineendings. Problem is, the grep binary installed by setup *will not*
match CRLF line endings.

Mounting the particular directory in textmode solves the problem, but so
does recompiling the grep binary with a plain ./configure.

Perusing the grep source code gives the impression that it is designed to be
able to handle both LF and CRLF line endings, regardless of mount modes.

So there seems to be a problem with the way grep is built for distribution.
Maybe the CRLF support is removed by some configure flag.

I can help finding the problem, but I need to know how the grep package is
built (configure options).

Anyone please help ?

TIA, Dan.