Re: Problems with Perl LWP and CYGSSL.DLL

Niraj Agarwal wrote:
> you can try to rebase the dlls.

Thank you for your help! I'm sorry, I don't really understand though. Do you mean rebuild them?

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Looks like the problem which was discussed in another thread recently,
C. Faylor suggested that there may be two (different) cygwin1.dll's on
your system.
Thanks for the tip. This proves to be true in my case. I actually found THREE cygwin1.dll's on my system!

You know that you are still using
"This is perl, v5.6.1 built for cygwin-multi"
but also have  C:\cygwin\bin\cygperl5_8_0.dll
installed?
Yes, this is true. Perl 5.8 has been acting very strangely for me, so I moved back to 5.6x

Which from the SSL modules do you use?
I use all of the modules from the 5.6 installation. It still looks in the default installation-specific paths, so it is not using the modules from 5.8 AFAICT.

There are two possibilities, I installed Crypt::SSLeay (0.45)
to do the test which works for me with perl-5.8 (NT4):
Thanks for the tip! Am so doing :O)

I appreciate your help. Thanks again for letting me know about these issues. I had not been aware of them.

--

-Tommy Butler
see if I'm online »http://ooopps.sourceforge.net/online

Tommy Butler <tommy@atrixnet.com>
phone: (817)-468-7716
6711 Forest Park Dr
Arlington, TX
76001-8403

Download my résumé in PDF, MS Word, HTML, text
http://www.atrixnet.com/

the ooOPps Code Library
http://ooopps.sourceforge.net/pub/