Need Benchmark Stats

Hi Chris:

I downloaded the 1.3.12-2 Cygwin and installed it on two fresh systems.

I noticed that "configure" scripts I have written that would take 30-60
seconds to run under RedHat 7.2, would take 10 minutes or more to run
under CygWin.  One took nearly an hour to run.

There seems to be no information on your website to compare run times
with a known working Cygwin installation, so no way to know if this is
normal behavior for CygWin, or something run AMOK in my installations.

I think it would be great if you could put up a typical configure
script for download with benchmark results on the Cygwin website.
That way, people could compare the execution times that they are
getting with Cygwin to determine if there is some fault in the
installation.

The benchmark results should say something like: this script runs in
roughly 60 seconds on a PIII 1GHz with an 7200 RPM IDE disk.

-Rick

--
Rick Richardson  rickr@mn.rr.com        http://home.mn.rr.com/richardsons/
Stock information at your fingertips:   http://linuxtrade.0catch.com/