From: Andreas Hadler [mailto:Andreas.Hadler@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 4:59 PM
To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: NTVDM error

I've seen the problem of NTVDM-error messages on W2k, generated while
e.g. building cross-compilers (powerpc-eabi in my case), sometimes asked
and answered in the archives, but I've never seen any confirmation, that
e.g. replacing symlinks with direct copies is the ultimate remedy.

Can anyone, who was concerned by this problem, comment on the remedies?

I'd love to see another way than replacing the about 2500 symlinks of my
cygwin installation with the real files - not because of the work, which
is scriptable, more worried about the disk space, but mostly because I
can not judge, what will break on updates or system changes.

Kind regards
   Andreas Hadler

--
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
Pablo Picasso