Compiling netcat under cygwin

Hi,

I would like to get netcat (http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/nc110.tgz) compiled natively under cygwin. Currently there isn't any appropriate target in netcat's makefile to do this.

I do know that there is a Windows NT version available at

http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/nc11nt.zip

However, when using that version under cygwin netcat behaves a bit funny. I obviously don't know exactly what the problem is, but it seems to be some buffering issue with the input and output streams. This makes it quite hard to use as intended, especially when invoking it in scripts. (I tried using ActiveState's Perl directly under windows native command shell for scripting instead, but it had other "issues", like problems with fork, a broken open3 and more.)

Would anybody know how to set up the gcc options so that netcat can compile under cygwin properly? I would be really grateful for this information.

Best regards,
/Nenad Antic