RE: re. re. gawk and cr/lf

Pieter,

I don't know why your cygwin installation stopped translating CRLF's after
upgrade, but there're many places you could look for an answer (for instance
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-textbinary.html).

CRLF translation is controlled by the mount type and the setting of the
CYGWIN variable. Specifically, if gawk doesn't open files in text mode, your
files need to be mounted in a textmode partition.

Before we can help, please switch to a cygwin window and type :

~>echo $CYGWIN
~> cd directory_with_awk_files; /bin/pwd ; pwd
~> mount

Post the output of the commands to the group. To be in line with the bug
reporting guidelines presented at http://www.cygwin.com/bugs.html, you could
also post the results of running

~> cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out

but I believe the CYGWIN setting and mount types may hint to your problem.

.dan