accessing shared drives when logged in via ssh

While I'm asking about weirdness I've seen recently...

I have a home network with 4 machines in a workgroup.  3 of them run
XP, one still runs Win98.  I just installed XP on the "main" machine,
which also runs sshd.  Now I find that I can't access shared drives on
the other XP machines when I'm ssh'd in.  If I open a bash window
directly on the machine, no problem.

In an ssh session, output looks like this:

  [gse] $ cd //studio/c
  -bash: cd: //studio/c: Permission denied

Any ideas on where to start looking?  Would strace output be useful?

--
 scott evans :: www.antisleep.com