Re: who is using perl 5.8.0?

--- "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp@familiehaase.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> What are your experiences with the perl-5.8.0
> test release?

On linux it is working great, on Cygwin is a whole other issue.

> Are there no problems/bugs with perl-5.8.0?

I am unable to get it to compile it on WindowsME.  Miniperl segfaults
through the entire testsuite.  Since the provided binary crashes
autoheader, I'm basically out of luck?

Also, the configure script is picking up mkfifo(), even though mkfifo
isn't implemented for cygwin.  Dunno if this causes issues for
anyone.

> I see no reports at the list, no good reports,
> no bad reports.

> I want to fix all problems before releasing it
> without the 'test' flag, so please report back
> (again).

Well I'll let you know if I can figure out what's going on.  However,
you might want to ask Pierre to try it out on his WinME machine to
see if the problem exists outside of my particular configuration.

Cheers,
Nicholas