Re: getting no mail since 24 hours

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 05:16:23PM -0700, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
>--- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
>[SNIP]
>>Yep, it is.  Apparently the ISP who provides IP connectivity for
>>sourceware somehow had something to do with some spammer or something.
>>That plus the fact that they consider Red Hat to have spammed at one
>>point means that sources.redhat.com is on their list.
>
>Either that or they haven't left the building in 7 years.  What kind of
>idiot wouldn't *know* who RedHat is?  Maybe they're from another planet
>or something...  It could also be those darn *BSD heads or some fringe
>anti-RedHat faction that thinks RedHat is the next Microsoft...

I got the feeling that there were some "issues" there that I didn't
want to get into.  Maybe some anti-Red Hat feelings.

>>They were quite rude to my polite requests to be removed from their
>>list, too.  I certainly wouldn't recommend using that service.
>
>You should have given them one of your famous lectures on how wrong
>they were! Damn Spam-Nazis!

I'd have to lecture myself, if so.  They have every right to block
anyone they want to.  While their attitude was really irritating, they
have a right to that, too.

I have an equal right to tell everyone not to use their service and I'm
actually pretty sure that they would agree with that.

Not that I didn't start and discard several indignant responses to the
their email, of course. :-)

It's actually nice to finally be able to say "Don't use it!" as I vowed
I'd do if the issue ever came up.

cgf