Re: (setup.ini) autoconf requires Perl?

Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:52:04AM -0400, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
> >"perl" vs. "perl.exe" is not a perfect solution, but it is at least as
> >good as any of the others I have seen.
>
> It is not any solution at all.
>
> Please disabuse yourself of the notion that we will be changing the cygwin
> installation to solve your problems.  It is not going to happen.

"My" problem is that two different programs have the same name.  I
understand now why Cygwin Perl needs the .exe to function correctly.
And anyway, I was not really expecting to see anything change,
including your legendary attitude.  (When hundreds of people tell him
he's an ass, a wise man will consider that maybe, just maybe, he is
doing something wrong.)

The correct solution is probably for ActivePerl to have been named
something else, like "ActivePerl.exe".  And autoconf should not depend
on Perl in the first place, since it is not a standard Unix utility.
But I do not expect either of those things to change, either.

Have a nice day!

 - Pat