RE: (setup.ini) autoconf requires Perl?

> From: Patrick J. LoPresti [mailto:patl@curl.com]
> Subject: Re: (setup.ini) autoconf requires Perl?
> Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:
> > Please disabuse yourself of the notion that we will be changing the
cygwin
> > installation to solve your problems.  It is not going to happen.
>
> "My" problem is that two different programs have the same name.  I
  You have failed to demonstrate that this is an actual problem.

> understand now why Cygwin Perl needs the .exe to function correctly.
> And anyway, I was not really expecting to see anything change,
> including your legendary attitude.  (When hundreds of people tell him
> he's an ass, a wise man will consider that maybe, just maybe, he is
> doing something wrong.)
 I do not feel that a definitive statement of direction
from the leader of a project constitutes being an ass.
He even said please!

> The correct solution is probably for ActivePerl to have been named
> something else, like "ActivePerl.exe".  And autoconf should not depend
> on Perl in the first place, since it is not a standard Unix utility.
> But I do not expect either of those things to change, either.
 Nothing is stopping you.
  mv /c/perl/bin/perl.exe /c/perl/bin/ActivePerl.exe

 Your statement about autoconf depending on perl is just silly.