RE: Telnet Script?

The program you're looking for is "expect".  It's a standard Cygwin package.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Adams [mailto:danpadams@infomagic.net]
Sent: 15 September 2002 20:55
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Telnet Script?

I have for a while tried to figure this out, yet I am not sure who to ask. I
know it mainly relates to cygwin in the fact that my idea would incorporate
a cygwin installation, and also other un*x installations.

I have been desiring for a while to be able to do the following through a
script.

Start the script in Cygwin on my machine. Change the password for my user,
then subsequently telnet into another machine, and then change the password
for the account that I use on that machine. I have ideas of how to manage
the passwords for whatever machine is current, but I am wondering if there
is a way to control things based on what a user might see, but through an
automated script. Does anyone have an example of how this could be done? Or
does someone have a suggestion of where to find information on this?