Re: Beginner- need help in understanding

Nehal,

Perhaps I wasn't so clear in explaining the situation.

I don't think you're going to be able to read an ext2-formatted diskette without some other software. I don't know for fact that there is software for Windows that permits it to read Linux file systems (though I'd be surprised if there was not).

OK, out of curiosity I did a quick check on Google. Here are a couple of possibilities:

<http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm>
<http://www.icewalkers.com/softlib/app/app_00219.html>

Good luck.

Randall Schulz