Re: Moving cygwin discussions to Usenet? (e.g., alt.os.cygwin)

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 07:22:35PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> However, this really side steps the issue.  Five hundred "How do I get
> to the previous command in bash?" questions are not going to lead to new
> insight about cygwin.

Yes they will. These questions are asked by starting users who are new
to posix but might very well be window guru's. Currently they are being
putt off in a very rude way by a few people, thus cutting into Cygwins
future potential. I refuse to believe that it is hystorical that so
many developers come from a *.nix background and so few if any from
the windows side. Eventually IMHO the current behaviour will slow down
intergration of cygwin into windows.

> That's what we're talking about.  A question like
> (to use a recent example) "Why doesn't vim notice when I resize a
> console window under cygwin?" will lead to cygwin insights.  I'd rather
> see those kind of questions asked in the official forum and point the
> bash people to the appropriate documentation.

Isn't that what the development list is actually for?

What is the development list for, I see most development done here.

Kind regards

Raphael.
--
Computers will not be perfected until they can compute how much more
than the estimate the job will cost.