RE: Tk?

Hi, Steve, :)

Wow, I get to post to the Cygwin list!  Rare! :)

> From: Steve Landry [mailto:sml@mit.edu]

> If I want to run or write Perl/Tk apps that run as Windows
> apps (not in
> the X environment), can I do that w/Cygwin Perl or do I need to run
> ActiveState as well?

Gerrit P. Haase has packaged up a binary distribution of Tk800.023 for
Cygwin perl that uses native Windows GUI calls so it doesn't rely on X.
I've been using it for a short while and it seems to meet all of my needs.

I found Gerrit's package here:

http://www.perltk.org/binaries/

Enjoy, and thanks to everyone who made this possible!

---Jason Tiller
Sonos Handbell Ensemble
http://www.sonos.org/

This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
confidential or legally exempt from disclosure.  If you are not a named
addressee, you are notified that you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the
sender and that doing so may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender via return e-mail and
delete it from your computer. Thank you. St. Jude Medical, Inc.