From: Marius Seritan mseritan@jacent.com
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:06:19 -0700
To: lhall@rfk.com, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Problem with Station/Desktop permissions

Larry and cygwin-list readers,

In my own code I am using the fksec C++ library,
http://www.mvps.org/win32/security/fksec.html. I am not sure if people are
willing to link that library in cygwin. In the affirmative I can suggest a
patch to the list that would add the appropriate ACEs to the Station and
Desktop SDs, instead of replacing them with a null SD.

Note that I am not an NT security expert, I can only contribute some code
that is working for me.

Marius