From: jxiong@esteemnetworks.com [mailto:jxiong@esteemnetworks.com]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 9:28 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: problem building cross compiler for arm-linux under cygwin

Hi everybody
        I have a question about building cross compilers.
        Here are the sources I used:
                binutils-2.12.90.0.3
                gcc-2.95.3
                gcc-2.95.3.diff
                glibc-2.2.4
                glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.4

        host: cygwin run on win2000
        target: arm-linux

        If I want to build glibc,GCC should be compiled for two times,
But when I fist compile it use the following configure:
        ../gcc-2.95.3/configure --target=arm-linux --prefix=/usr/local/
armle/ --disable-shared --disable-threads --enable-languages="c"
        make

        There are errors.You can see the attachment named "makeout".

        I think the problem exits here:
        checking for a BSD compatible install... /bin/install -c
        checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
        checking for sys/file.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory

        Because I have used the same sources and the same configure commands
under linux ,everything is OK. So I compare the output under these two conditions
It seems that these kind of "checking" is not the same.
        Why these happen? They both run the same "configure" script in
gcc-2.95.3/libiberty/.

        Wish your help.I even now begin to reseach the configure script, but nothing
do help.

Regards
Joan