pthreads

ERROR in my original posting:

Below wher eit says "pthread_timed_wait()" it should say
"pthread_cond_timedwait().

---------------------- Forwarded by Fred Smith/Computrition on 10/09/2002
04:19 PM ---------------------------

Fred Smith
10/09/2002 04:18 PM

Sent by:  Fred Smith

To:   cygwin@cygwin.com
cc:
Subject:  pthreads

Gang:

I've got a body of code that is running successfully on Linux. It's mostly
also working fine with Cygwin, but am having a problem in one area:

It starts up several threads (pthread_create), all detached. One of them
blocks on pthread_timed_wait(), the rest do not.

Later on when exiting, it cancels all those threads, and the one that is
blocking on pthread_timed_wait() gets back a return value of 3 (ESRCH) with
errno=0, the rest are fine.

I've verified that the pthread_t value I'm using for the cancel is the same
one we got back from pthread_create.

Can anybody help shed a little illumination on this for me?

Thanks!

Fred