RE: Cygwin can't write to CIFS... but cmd.exe *can* (more)

Scott,
I've had some trouble with file permissions on samba shares under Win2k.
Not anything as severe as yours, but the files created on a share didn't
inherit the world read permissions of the directories (and those couldn't
be set).  I wonder if these are related?
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51