RE: Python support for Tcl 8.0

Jason Tishler wrote:
> > (I'm not entirely sure why Tcl/Tk is stuck at 8.0--I thought Cygwin
> > was supported through 8.2 or 8.3. But that's another matter.)
>
> As Chris has already stated, it is in the archives.

I know, but from the 80,000 foot view it looked like
the pieces were there. The official distro claimed to
support the Cygwin platform until recently. I haven't
been motivated to follow it closely, especially since
it's already being worked on, but I presume that it's
really been broken since 8.1 and wasn't acknowledged
right away.

I'd personally prefer a real Cygwin/XFree86 version. I
don't care if GDB becomes an X app. On the other hand
(80,000 foot view again), it would seem to me that GDB
could simply include MinGW Tcl/Tk 8.0, and let the Tcl
releases go where they may.

But all of this has almost certainly been discussed on
the list already...

> BTW, what is "BDFL"?

Benevolent Dictator For Life

-Jerry Williams