ntsec question

Hi all,

now that ntsec is default, I guess we need to read up on what it does. So, I
went to the User's guide on the web and (tried to) read the doc. It sounds
great, thanks Corinna, but I'm afraid it's a bit too technical for me. I
would appreciate it if
there could be a list of do's and don'ts for users, e.g. should we now
modify our GID or not anymore? do we have a problem with the Windows GUI
stuff and securities or not? I think it would also clarify things a bit of
the doc was not historically organised, i.e. I'd prefer to have a doc for
the current version, and then appendices for older versions. (After all,
setup is now so easy these days that I'm tempted to update every day!)

As an aside, the example of the rw-r-xrw- does make the point I guess, but
why would anyone want to assign such a permission to a file (group member
can execute, but owner not. everyone can read except group members which are
not the owner). So, is the 'mapping leak' no problem as long as permissions
are 'hierarchical', i.e. 'other' permissions are lower than 'group'
permissions which are lower than owner permissions? I think the User's guide
could do with some clarification there as well.

Thanks for all the great stuff!

Kris Thielemans
(kris.thielemans <at> ic.ac.uk)
Imaging Research Solutions Ltd