From: James Robertson james.robertson@wcom.com
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:09:17 -0500
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: How do I run shell?

I just installed Cygwin. When I try to launch using desktop Cygwin icon,
a window launches momentarilly, then disappears. I also tried running
the cygwin.bat file, but that doesn't work. It tries to chdir to a bin
directory that isn't there. I tried uninstalling everything and doing a
complete re-install. That hasn't helped. During installation, I left
everything set to default, except adding the openssh and ssl under Net
category.
- Jim Robertson