No buffer space available

Hi all, I have a strange problem here, I've had an ssh window open to a
remote host pretty much all day, and about 5 minutes ago the terminal froze,
fair enough I thought and opened another rxvt window to ssh in to see how
much work I had lost and got this error

Vince.Hoffman@JHARY ~
$ ssh root@unsane.co.uk
ssh: connect to address 213.86.99.44 port 22: No buffer space available

the same happened for telnet and the same for ftp, and the same for any
network connections at all,
(yes that includes email, i'll send this once I have rebooted,) cygwin or
otherwise.
cygcheck -svh attached. I'm assuming its cygwin related purely because every
other application i had open i use everyday and havent had this happen
before, for what thats worth. The only change to my system today was to
install rsync as a service (i used the command line suggested in
/usr/doc/Cygwin/rsync-2.5.5.README)
Oh and yes i'm going to download and install the latest snapshot once i've
rebooted. ;)

Vince Hoffman     NT Administrator
Euro RSCG Circle (London)
P: 020 7959 7576  M: 0777 5822213