Re: Openssh client under X

ok.

maybe my last post was somewhat unclear.

What I want is to be able to run is:

$ ssh user@host

...from an xterm window under cygwin/XFree86. Whenever I try that, it
connects, and then disconnects right after I get connected. If I run ssh
from cygwin without running X, it works like a charm. Correct me if I am
wrong, but the DISPLAY variable should have nothing to do with this.
All I want is to login on the other machine.

ssh -v -v -v tells me "channel 0 is dead" _after_ I type in the password.
My .profile runs on the remote machine, and then I get disconnected. Very
frustrating.

Why does it work if I dont run X?

I would like to test connecting to an ssh server with ssh -D. But I can't
where I am running this.

Noone else has come across this problem?

uh, again - I am not a subscriber to the list, so please mail me if you
think you know whats going on here.

/jay.

"what we do in life echoes in eternity."
               - Maximus Decimus Meridus