Problem Identified: cvs hangs over ssh (all versions?)

I recently started having a problem that hundreds of others have documented
over the last year or so.

When doing cvs commands like "cvs co <modulename>" it hangs on the very last
file.

This only happens when you're using cygwin over SSH.  (Sourceforge
recommends you do just that)

The problem occurs when you turn on compression.  In my case, I had added
the line:

cvs -z3 -q -e vi

to my .cvsrc file located in my home directory.

Simply removing the "-z3" eliminated the problem.

Hope this helps clear up the issues/mysteries around this bug.

~Matthew