Re: Cygwin/Procmail stops working after setup.exe upgrade

 Hallo Thomas!

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Thomas Baker wrote:

> > The above .fetchmailrc line invokes procmail differently than "procmail
> > -m".  Since fetchmail is invoking procmail without the "-m" option,
> > procmail is looking for $HOME/.procmailrc.  My WAG is that procmail
> > can't find your .procmailrc file.  Hence, procmail defaults to sending
> > all messages to /var/spool/mail/tbaker without any logging.  Note that
> > recent posts indicate an incorrect tbaker /etc/passwd entry.
>
> That's it!!!

> Bjoern suggested I map /home/tbaker to /cygdrive/e with
> "mount".  Would this allow me to delete the redundant copy
> /home/tbaker/.procmailrc and just use /cygdrive/e/.procmailrc?
> Would this "mount" command go into my .bash_profile?  (Any
> particular flags to use?)

 It depends :-)

 I would suggest to run the mount-command only once in a bash
 using the "-s" switch to the mount command. That way,
 "/cygdrive/e" will be your cygwin-home dir (*not* install-dir,
 just *your* (t.baker's) home-dir (if you are not familiar with
 unix in general, I suggest to read a good introduction to any
 unix or linux)) for all applications and all time.

 With such a mounted hoem, you can delete the redundant copy.
 (delete it before you create the mount.)

 mounts using "-s" are stored in the registry, so they survive
 reboots.

 As a hint: "mount -s -b 'e:\' /home/tbaker" should work.
 Please note the single-quotes, which prevent the shell from
 playing games with the backslash. The "-b" forces a binary
 mount. That stops cygwin from doing "crlf <-> lf" translations.
 It is somewhat a mater of taste to use "-b" or not.

 Have fun!

  Bjoern Kahl