Re: anything related to my writings

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 07:26:55AM +0000, nemrut cesetevi wrote:

>i have read few mails about my mails.most of them are related to my mailing
>style and also gives many advices, criticize me.
>
>and i will also read this doucment "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way"
>immediately :)
>
>but i still someone to help about my problem ?

Interesting thought process.  Why do you think people are asking you to
read the web page?  It's because you are doing a poor job of getting
your message across.

I'll try to help anyway, on the off chance that it will help.

>2-my program uses lex&yacc structure.

lex and yacc ARE NOT AVAILABLE for cygwin.  Is that clear?  The replacements
are flex for lex and byacc or bison for yacc.  If you can't use them then
YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.  Is that clear?

>3-i want to trace program  not just only run ( debug and solve algorithm) i
>want to debug program with visual c++ , borlandcbuilder
>borlandc++ 5.x

You cannot debug applications built with cygwin gcc using visual c or
borland.  Is THAT clear?  You need to use gdb.  If that doesn't work or
you don't like it, then (all together now): YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

>5-i read www.cygwin.com but i do have a right to criticize this site
>it is to hard to follow a way to setup or find a solution in this site.

Hmm.  Why not insult the people that you want to get help from?  Yeah.
That will work well.

We do see this attitude a lot from people with a limited grasp of
computers though.  They think that using a search engine involves typing
something like "Where do I find lex and yacc for cygwin".  They expect
that the FAQ should have a question like "I'm trying to use lex and yacc
on cygwin and then debug applications with MSVC or Borland.  What do I
do?"

Since the search doesn't return a single concise response and the FAQ
doesn't have the exact answer to the query, then everything is
"confusing".

Basically, what such people are saying is "I am confused and it is your
fault."  That may or may not be true but with nothing but the fact that
you are confused to go on, it's difficult to see how the site should
be improved.

>so i want to state that if i m a big problem here i will leave here.

I doubt that anyone cares that much.

>but i always hope from this mailing list just "help" and kind
>behaviours.  i dont have a hobby to be a problem in mailing lists in my
>spare time.

You do seem to be purposely not following people's advice, though.

I've answered all of your questions simply.  I tried to be concise even
though it's possible that there may be, and probably are, alternatives
that I'm not aware of.  There may be an IDE that closely mimics MSVC
that you can use.  There may be ports of lex and yacc out there
somewhere.  However, if you are looking for advice on how to proceed
with the standard cygwin release then all of my responses are accurate.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .