Window immediately disappears

I asked my client to install Cygwin so he could use some of the tools in testing the software I'm writing for him. Unfortunately, he knows almost nothing about Unix, so I'm going to have to walk him through anything he needs to do.

He thinks he got it installed properly, but when he clicks the icon the installer put on his desktop, the shell window appears briefly and then immediately disappears.

Any idea what's going on? What questions should I ask him?

He installed the software yesterday, so it's current. I think he's using Windows 2000 but I'm not completely sure until I ask him.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/