Re: NetPBM & JPEG2000?

Hallo Bryan,

Sorry, I used the wron reply-to.

> I had never heard of JPEG2000 when I got your email.

> However, I did a quick Google search to find out what it is.  And I
> looked in Freshmeat and found JJ2000, which appears to convert between
> JPEG2000 and Netpbm formats.

> I'm going to look at including JJ2000 in Netpbm.  But it is Java
> software, which would be quite a leap for Netpbm.  If distributing
> Java software turns out to be impractical, maybe translating it to C
> won't be.

I found also JasPer[1] which does pretty much of the thing I searched
for, I'm not sure whether the license of JasPer is compatible with
GPL and whether it is possible to include it into netpbm, also it is
not Java but C code.

General information about JPEG2000 was my first address jpeg.org[2].

[1] http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams/jasper/
[2] http://www.jpeg.org/JPEG2000.html

Gerrit
--