succeed in linking both MSVCRT.dll and cygwin1.dll (version 1.3.12-4)

Just recently I started my first gtk+-2.0 application
under win32 platform.  At that time, the latest cygwin
was version 1.3.12-4.  I was able to compile and run
my gtk+-2.0 application without the '-mno-cygwin'
flag.

After I upgraded to cygwin 1.3.13-x I was not able to
run the program and got error like "Couldn't reserve
space for cygwin's heap".  The error went away if I
add the '-mno-cygwin' flag.

Now just going through the FAQ I learned that
MSVCRT.dll and cygwin1.dll are not suppose to
co-exist.  And indeed, my program have them both
linked, as verified from issuing the cygcheck command.
 It was strange that I could link both dlls and run
perfectly with cygwin version 1.3.12-4.

Anyway, I was just wondering if this 'feature' can be
restored....