Re: how to get openssh-3.4 working on w2k?

The first thing to check is whether you can ssh to yourself on the same box.

Did you use mkpasswd and mkgroup to add your local (or domain) account and group to /etc/passwd and /etc/group?

What if you copy public keys? Can you ssh then?

Ralf.Weber@bgt.de wrote:

Hello, I'm a cygwin beginner ;-)

I've installed openssh-3.5p1-5 on my w2k system but
I can't establish a connection from another host
(sshd is running).
When I enter the password I get the following
error messages for two times
'Permission denied, please try again.'
and finally
'Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).'
(i.e. on my win9x host).
On my win9x-system everything is working fine).
Does a step-by-step configuration list exist for a w2k/nt system?
I ran the 'ssh-host/usr-config' skripts under my admin-account but
I want to use the ssh-sevice under my normal user-account.
Do I have forgotten a configuration step?

Thanks,

Ralf

Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/