Re: /etc/group not being read

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 11:19:47AM -0500, James D Below wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having a problem with my /etc/group file not being read when logging
> in with ssh. I am running w2k sp3, using ntsec.
>
> I ran mkgroup -d -o 0 -u > /etc/group to create the group file
> and mkpasswd -d -o 0 > /etc/passwd
>
> I am trying to use a global group "ncp" as my primary group, but the only
> group IDs that I am able to use "setgid" on are local gids. (mkgroup -l)

I am unable to reproduce your problem (on NT4).
You only sent us the output of mkgroup, but not what's actually in /etc/group..

Does it occur also if you build /etc/group without the -u ?
Also why do you specify -o 0 ? It's not the cause of your problem but
as you noticed you then have two different Windows groups (sid #) with
the same gid.
Can you telnet in? If so, what is the output of id?

You are welcome to send me your /etc/group file if you wish (as an attachment),
I will try it here.

Pierre