Re: CYGWIN Installer should setup a root environment variable

>I have experienced many times situations which I would like to refer to
>CYGWIN's root directory from a bat script. The most generic solution
>would be to utilise an environment variable such as CYGROOT or (as in
>startxwin.bat) CYGWIN_ROOT to refer to the absolute windows pathname
>(e.g. D:\cygwin). This would free us from making assumptions if it was
>setup during the installation utility. The environment variable should
>be setup for system if installed for "All Users".

`cygpath -w /`
nice idea, but how does he execute cygpath, if he doesn't know the cygwin-root? he is talking about a _batch_-script, not a shell script.

there is only one solution, because even if you know cygwin's root-dir, yu cannot be sure to know cygwin's bin-dir - it could be mounted to a totally different directory.

i would recomm writing shell-scripts instead of batch-scripts.