Re: question about cygdrive flags string in the registry (Win 2000)

Viviana Cotirlea <vcotirlea@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My question is: Because at one point I would like to distribute the
> product to others also, and I don't want to obligate them to install
> the cygwin, I would like to know why this string is required, and if
> my only solution would be to add that key in the registry if the
> cygwin is not already installed on that machine?

Cygwin is just not designed to work in that kind of configuration.
So don't be surprised when things don't work right.

Not that there isn't valid purpose in such a setup, of course. But Cygwin
development hasn't focused in that direction.

Max.