Cygwin 1.3.15-1 crash Windows 2000

I updated to Cygwin 1.3.15-1 yesterday and since then have crashed Windows 2000 a few times. I am running Windows 2000 SP3 build 2195.

I do have Norton Antivirus 2003 installed but some of the crashes happened when it was disabled. I had trouble with Norton Utilities in the past and uninstalled an old version when I installed the new version of NAV a few weeks ago. There haven't been any problems until I updated cygwin1.dll.

The crashes happened when:

1. Killing hung perl process
2. Starting multiple rxvt bash windows

I looked at the dumps with dumpchk.exe. All the crashes were from bash.exe process (version 2.05b7), in the ntoskrnl, and the Kei386EoiHelper function. I have minidump and complete memory dumps if anyone wants to analyze them.

- Ian

--
Ian Burrell
iburrell@znark.com