Re: Native Xemacs

The XEmacs installer from www.xemacs.org includes a cygwin version and a
native Windows version.  I think you installed the cygwin version (which
is good).  Unfortunately, that binary is not compiled with X support.

You can recompile XEmacs with X support and native Windows windowing
support.  It works well; I use it all the time.  If you start this
binary without DISPLAY defined, it will use native Windows windowing,
otherwise it will use X.

FYI, if you choose to do this, be sure to give configure the switch to
include Drag'n'Drop support, or you won't get the DDE support that is
available in the packaged binary.

Dave