Re: 3rd time lucky? Apache startup woes

Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've not received any replies to this one yet.  Can anyone help, or at least
> point me at some resources that may.
>
> I'm getting a bit desperate now cos I've got to get this working by Sunday so
> I can do a demo at the AGM of a charity I'm involved in, so clear simple
> instructions that even I can understand would be appreciated.
>
> Gary

> Subject: starting apache - libphp4 error
> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:14:14 +0000
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to start apache for the first time and I'm getting the following
> error.   I've had a look in the archives and found a thread about a similar
> problem (same conditions, different Win32 error number) which talks about
> using rebase.  I've looked into rebase and I'm totally list.  Here's the
> output
>
> gary@ladvent ~
> $ /usr/sbin/apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 236 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error 31
> /usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started.
> gary@ladvent ~
> $
> I'm running on an Advent 5372 laptop running WinME with 128MB RAM and 3GB
> free.
>
> apache 1.3.224-5
> mod_php 4.2.0-1

the Win32 error 31 means: some device could bot be found in your
system.

Are you sure it's not the rebase issue?! Please check
/usr/doc/Cygwin/php-4.2.0-1.README for more information on how to
rebase depending DLLs to make php work on your system.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80