Re: Setup installed to c:/cygwin/usr/bin

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Norton Allen wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2002 at 11:37, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > The above is standard setup behavior.  Setup simply unpacks the files
> > from a package to the directories from which they have been packaged.
> > It also reads the mount table and resolves directory references
> > (cygfile:// is setup's way of indicating the file is in the cygwin
> > posix directory tree, the third '/' is actually the root directory).
> >
> > In your case, setup doesn't seem to resolve /usr/bin to c:\cygwin\bin
> > (a standard mount).  Please post the output of mount to the list.
>
>   C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
>   C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
>   C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
>   c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
>   d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)
>   i: on /cygdrive/i type user (binmode,noumount)
>   k: on /cygdrive/k type user (binmode,noumount)
>   l: on /cygdrive/l type user (binmode,noumount)
>   n: on /cygdrive/n type user (binmode,noumount)
>   o: on /cygdrive/o type user (binmode,noumount)
>   p: on /cygdrive/p type user (binmode,noumount)
>   q: on /cygdrive/q type user (binmode,noumount)
>   s: on /cygdrive/s type user (binmode,noumount)
>   x: on /cygdrive/x type user (binmode,noumount)
>   y: on /cygdrive/y type user (binmode,noumount)
>   z: on /cygdrive/z type user (binmode,noumount)
>
> > Also, if your mounts turn out to be user mounts, make sure you ran
> > setup as the same user that you have cygwin installed for.  Or, better
> > yet, remount all standard mounts as system mounts.
>
> It is possible that I was a logged in as a different user for the second
> install, but it isn't clear how that would affect setup, since these are
> system mounts.
>
> -Norton

Just a WAG, but does that other user have user mounts that maybe override
the system ones?  Try rerunning setup as the same user that did the first
install, and reinstall, say, the 'man' package.  See if it works for that
user...

I'm assuming, of course, that you ran 'mount' as the original installing
user.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51