Re: SSHD: error initializing windows sockets if I use ".ssh/authorized_keys"

Corinna, Max, Christopher,

hallo again. Thanks for your answers!

I still see things a bit different, but anyhow - I have to accept your rules. It's your list - you make the rules - the user wishing to have help has to follow of course... And that's OK and fair.

by giving the most effective tool to diagnosing problems only to Corinna,
you were saying "I only trust Corinna to help me" - i.e. you were asking for
private support.
I also would have sent it to you and/or other people asking for it. I just didn't want to broadcast it to *thousands* that - for sure - won't look into it but are "forced" to recieve it.

OK, maybe that's some personal problem. I also still don't like HTML-Mails or these useless VCards in E-Mails too. Also I don't like emails with much more quoted text than the newly written part. I always try to keep attention on the resource "bandwidth" and "size" if my mails can reach lots of people that didn't ask for my mails - like it's the case in mailinglists

When asked, post cygcheck output publicly.
Yep. I just thought first that this was a real good compromise.

Looking back in the history I find that most of the questions could be answered without "cygcheck.out" as the *very first information*. So the user asking for help can send it to the list after the first "contact", on request of someone how felt that it's needed for the solution.

But: Corinna, you did not ask. My mail was ignored until I gave some additional information - then it was no "please send the cygcheck.out" - it was a "didn't you read our FAQ". So you expected "cygcheck.out" in the *first* mail.

But anyhow, that's cleared now. Thanks for your mails - for not ignoring again, but discussing. At least for me it was really interesting.

I understand/accept now that everyone subscribing to the list has to know the regulations and should be prepared for not only discussion and bug reports but also for "cygchecks.out" and other attached stuff.

>Sanitize it first if you feel the
>need, but I've just looked through a cygcheck on my machine, and found
>nothing I was worried about disclosing to the list.

That depends on the configuration and the environment :-)

Maybe you should add that in your "http://cygwin.com/bugs.html": one is allowed to sanitize the file and one should maybe compress it before sending.

It's really fair that all those files you wish to recieve are plain ascii so it's human readable and understandable what information is sent.

OK. Back to buisiness, let's stop the off-topic thread :-)

I hope my information in the first mail about my sshd problem was enough - especially now that it's completed by my cygcheck.out and the two additional files you requested. Maybe you can help me finding the problem?

If there's still some information missing or incomplete just let me know.

Best regards again

Tino